What you get
What you and your business get out of a fire safety training session.
I work with all types of businesses both large and small and also specialise in 'Residential Premises'.
Fire Safety Training
Fire Safety training for staff is a legal requirement in the UK under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. I can help you meet your obligations with a range of quality training and consultancy services.
The training usually includes a one or two hour lecture, dvd/video and practical use of extinguishers etc. The lecture will be site/premises specific and include:
- Current Fire Safety legislation.
- Basic principals and action to be take in the event of fire
- Evacuation procedures
- Fire safety and fire prevention
- Personal safety considerations
- Fixed installations
- The use of portable fire fighting equipment
Contact me if you require fire safety training.
Fire Marshall Courses
Many businesses will need fire marshals as part of their operations. These fire marshals will require additional training in order to perform their role effectively. I can offer in depth courses that give trainees a full understanding of fire safety issues pertaining to effective evacuation procedures, fire safety and methods of fire prevention etc.
This course will typically last for one day and include all of the above plus instruction in:
- Current Fire Safety Legislation
- The basic understanding of the roll of The Fire Warden in both the day to day Fire Safety duties and running of you premises (Commercial or Residential)
- Care of service users and other staff
All staff fire safety training is given in friendly and professional manor and includes full certification for each individual attending.
Contact me if your staff require fire marshall training.
Fire Risk Assessments, Reviews and Audits
In accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 fire risk assessments must be carried out by a "responsible person" on a regular basis; as a result of this assessment a 'fire management action plan' must also be produced. The fire risk assessment must include an identification of the fire hazards, the persons at risk from fire and ways in which to minimise the risk.
I can draw upon many years of experience in the Fire Safety Dept of a large City Brigade and also the NHS to produce a specific fire safety risk assessment to keep your premises compliant with current legislation. All risk assessments are professionally presented and reasonably priced.
General advice can be given regarding:
- Fire extinguisher sitting, types required etc
- Fire alarm, smoke/heat detection systems
- Emergency lighting systems
- Emergency Fire evacuation planning
- 'Emergency Action Plans' and documentation
Contact me if you have any questions. I provide Fire Prevention and training in Shropshire and the West Midlands
- What I can do for your business and what you will get at the end of the Fire Safety Consultancy.
- How the Fire Safety training works and how i work with your staff and the business premises.
- Who I am and how I am qualified to provide fire safety training for your business.
- Where in Shrewsbury and the West Midlands I provide Fire Safety Consultancy for businesses.